Not a single person, but everyone wants to look good and be fit too. Carrying too much fat, especially on the belly, can make your personality out of shape. It is not about seeing yourself out of shape only but be an individual with too much weight is a clear sign of your bad health. Having extra fat on the abdomen is dangerous. It is not about seeing yourself out of shape only but be an individual with too much weight is a clear sign of your bad health. Having extra fat on the abdomen is dangerous. Excess fat can invite some of the most common diseases like high blood pressure, cholesterol buildup, and problems related to the heart. All this indicates that traditional weight loss treatment is a must. And there is nothing that can be better than Ayurveda in this.
Weight Loss- The Big Concern
Becoming obese is a choice. Recent studies have shown that many people of a young age become obese due to the regular pursue of an unhealthy lifestyle.
It’s never been easy to fit yourself in social gatherings when you are not good enough with your shape and size. Being fit and healthy is a need of today’s lifestyle. It’s not only limited to how you look? But how you feel from the inside? Ayurveda can give comprehensive treatment to overweight and obesity. A traditional treatment program in Ayurveda focused on weight loss primarily suggests a way of life changes and suitable alteration in the day by day diet to improve wellbeing alongside oral drugs that would help in optimizing the digestion consistently.
The Term “Obesity”
Obesity is the most widely recognized nutritional disorder of the modern age. It is acknowledged by the extra accumulation of fat in the human body. The continuous pursuit of an unhealthy living routine has caused the blockage of the channels in your body. Obesity is the reason for most of the metabolic disruptions, for example- hypertension, diabetes, irregular digestion, and more. It can affect your social life too, if not controlled.
Are You Obese?
When do you feel fat? Let me help you. Obesity is a condition when your BMI (Body Mass Index) is lies over 30. Calculation begins with taking the ratio of the body weight in (kg) and the square of individual’s height (Mts) to get the BMI. BMI of 25 to 29.9 demonstrates that the individual is overweight and it is smarter to practice appropriate measures for weight loss and wellbeing. BMI of 30 or more demonstrates obesity.
Why Ayurveda For Weight Loss?
The main focus of Ayurveda is on a healthy diet, stress reduction, and the development of a balanced way of living. As indicated by Ayurveda, the propensity to gain more weight effectively or not putting on enough weight relies upon irregularity in five components of the body and constitution of three doshas: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
Eating Matches With Your Doshas
Our expert Ayurvedic doctors teach that for a healthy body structure. One needs to balance the three doshas (Forms of energy), and the interesting fact is that they are linked with the natural elements.
- Vata: The Body’s energy-related with space and air element,
- Pitta: The energy of digestion relates to fire and water element,
- Kapha: The energy associate with the structure of the body is earth and water.
These forms of energy are always present in people’s bodies. In the field of Ayurvedic science, how you eat ought to relate to your doshas.
Want to determine your dosha?
It’s hard for people to know their doshas quickly. But, with the expert practitioner of Maa Yoga Ashram, you can be concerned with them and determine which dosha is dominant over your system.
The doctors in our Ayurvedic treatment center are experts and have expirence for over 15 to 20 years.
Dietary recommendations for Vata-dominant people
- Take 3 to 4 small meals on daily basis, at least 2 hours apart.
- Include lots of cooked vegetables in your meal.
- Keep away from vegetables like eggplants, peppers, and tomatoes.
- Take juicy, sweet fruits and avoid astringent fruits like cranberries and raw apples.
- Limit legumes.
- Try to take a wide variety of nuts and seeds, specifically in the form of nut milk.
- Avoid obsessive products like sugar, alcohol, and tobacco.
- Avoid foods that are uncooked, frozen, or extremely cold.
Dietary recommendations for pitta-dominant people
- Include lots of raw vegetables in the form of salads, specifically in spring and summer.
- Intake limits on food produced from animals like meat, eggs, and seafood.
- Keep away from spicy foods, coffee, and alcohol.
- Stay away from nuts and seeds.
- Take legumes and lentils in average amounts.
- Intake dairy products, especially those that have been sweetened.
Dietary recommendations for Kapha-dominant people
- Try to limit the number of your meals.
- Stay away from dairy foods with a high level of fat.
- Limit protein.
- Take lots of leafy greens and vegetables grown above ground (as opposed to root veggies).
- Intake astringent fruits like apples, cranberries, mangoes, and peaches.
- Limit on animal foods, nuts, and seeds.
Tips Of Ayurveda For Weight Loss
- Try to relax your mind, even while you taking your meal. Add meditation to your routine that can decrease the amount of stress hormone cortisol.
- Intake the largest meal of the day, not at night.
- Start your day with warm lemon water. Lemon helps your body to reduce fat.
- Do exercise compatible with your doshas.
- Sleep well.
Ayurveda is serving people for ages. Ayurvedic diets encourage moderation and mindful eating. Furthermore, an Ayurvedic approach to healthcare facilitates prevention, physical movement, stress reduction, and balanced living. All of those principles and practices have no adverse effect on your body and help you to keep your health alive.
Maa Yoga Ashram is an Ayurvedic treatment center in Rishikesh. The center is 100 years old and helps people with the problem of obesity for a long time. With a proper diet plan, therapies and exercises, our ayurvedic doctors will make your body good to go. Reduce excessive fat and make your body clean with the proper balance of energies within you is what our Ayurvedic practice is all about.
For more information, please click the button down below.