What is the first thought that comes to your mind when you think of “Yoga”? Some people believe that yoga is all about meditation and focus, which relieves us from unnecessary stress. And for another bunch of people, it is just physical exercise to get rid of the pain.
The word Yoga is a variant of the word Yog. Yoga is derived from the Sanskrit word Yuj which means connecting the universe. The fundamental thought behind doing yoga is to recognise the self and to connect with the universe spiritually. It is a way to improve your lifestyle and maintain a balance between your mind and body.
Yoga is about doing many physical exercises; it is more about connecting your mind and body. You can only achieve yoga when you do various types of Yoga exercises, breathing, and meditation. Doing yoga helps you to live a positive and healthy lifestyle. Yoga is more about a combination of keeping your body and mind healthy.
Many people believe that flexibility comes and goes with a certain age, and therefore they can’t perform yogic exercises after reaching a certain age. But that is not true. Yoga is for all age groups, and you can do it every day whether you are 9 or 90. There are various types of yoga by which you can improve your breathing and remove stress, depression, and anxiety.
How Is Yoga Beneficial?
Here are some reasons how yoga can help you prevent diseases and gives you inner peace by giving you a better way of living your life.
- Yoga Helps You To Reduce Stress– Yoga has numerous physical effects on your body. If you do yoga, it will reduce the stress hormone from your body by relaxing your muscles and mind. It helps you to lower your blood pressure and improves your heart rate. Yoga also helps in improving your immunity by working on your immune system. It will also help you fight depression, asthma, and anxiety disorders. There are various asanas or poses in yoga that have a different impact on your body. The camel pose improves your blood circulation. Similarly, The bridge pose keeps your mind and body calmer. The effortless butterfly pose helps you to reduce unwanted stress.
- Increases Flexibility– It is one of the most common benefits of yoga. It will slowly increase your flexibility by stretching your muscles. It will make your muscles lose, and you can do the asanas more easily. It will make disappear all your pain. Yoga is beneficial for people suffering from neck/ back pain, arthritis, joint pain, cancer, etc. With the help of efficient yoga, you can get rid of physical as well as emotional pain. It will also improve your muscle strength. The downward-facing dog yoga asana helps you to relieve your back pain and increases strength.
- Helps You Achieve Peace– Stress can cause many health problems like migraine, insomnia, eczema, high blood pressure and heart issues. Yoga helps you to remove unnecessary stress and gives you ultimate peace in life. Combing breathing with meditation helps in keeping you calm. By practising yoga regularly, you will experience better mental health and an improved lifestyle. If you know how to quiet your mind, you will live a happy and healthy life.
- Yoga Reduces Pain– If you practice yoga regularly, your body becomes more flexible. It also helps us to cure so many health-related problems. Yoga reduces both physical as well as emotional pain. When you are relieved from your pain, you will automatically become happy and active. It also keeps you away from medication. The yoga poses works on your spine, creating muscle movement, which releases the stress from the body. It also strengthens your joint muscles. It can cure problems like arthritis.
- Improves Your Posture– Yoga helps us to improve our posture. And it will no longer be tiring if you practice it daily. Move ahead with several inches regularly. It also reduces fatigue. If your posture is not proper, you will experience back pain/neck pain and joint pain. It will make you balance all your body parts perfectly.
- Relief From Anxiety– Many people suffer from anxiety daily. It isn’t easy to cope up with this situation. It will help if you practice different types of yoga to get rid of anxiety. People suffering from anxiety disorders found that doing certain yoga practices helps reduce anxiety symptoms that they thought were incurable.
- Protects Your Heart– Nowadays, people suffering from heart diseases are widespread. It is because of excessive stress and an unhealthy lifestyle. The significant symptoms of heart disease are high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and excess weight. Daily yoga practice will reduce heart diseases and protect your heart by increasing your heart rate. Ashtanga Yoga is beneficial for your heart. It improves cardiovascular conditioning. Exercises like Pranayamas also proves to be very effective.
- Improves Your Bone Health– The weight-bearing exercises helps you to strengthen your bones and prevents osteoporosis. The yoga postures require you to lift your weight. Some asanas like Adho Mukha Svanasana and Urdhva Mukha Svanasana strengthen the arm bones. Yoga maintains calcium in your bones.
- Enhance Concentration– The yoga exercises relax all your senses. If you keep your mind calm, it will help you to focus better. Your ability to focus on things improves gradually, resulting in enhanced concentration. Please devote at least an hour to yoga every day, and you will see wonders.
- Maintains The Nervous System– While maintaining the overall health of your body, you need to maintain the nervous system by doing constant meditation. Mediation recovers your body and mind. It is a fantastic process to keep your nervous system healthy. If you practice meditation for even half an hour, you will get better sleep, confidence, and reduced stress. The yoga gurus use different techniques of yoga to maintain your nervous system.
- Regulates Your Adrenal Glands– Yoga helps to lower cortisol levels. If your cortisol level is high, it can cause a compromised immune system. It can also lead to memory loss. Moreover, excessive cortisol can cause depression, osteoporosis, high blood pressure and insulin resistance.
- Improves Quality Of Life– Yoga proves to be an effective treatment in pain, physical discomfort, and emotional distress. It reduces the pain and introduces calm in your body, which automatically leads you towards a better and healthy quality of life. It improves the quality of sleep as well. Yoga helps you reduce calories and makes you a conscious eater. It avoids weight problems.
- Yoga Prevents Digestive Problems– Many digestive problems like ulcers, constipation, syndrome, and bowel can affect your health. Yoga provides relief from all such digestive problems. Doing physical exercises will help you improve your blood cells’ efficiency and can fight various health problems. Yoga gurus believe that the twisting poses are beneficial in moving waste through the system.
Relevance Of Yoga During Pandemic
The covid- 19 pandemic has impacted the lives of millions of people all around the globe. We have realised the importance of yoga and the need to maintain physical and mental well-being in this pandemic.
Yoga, which is originated in India, is a practice to connect your mind and body spiritually. This stressful pandemic has severely impacted our bodies and minds, and now people have realised the importance of strengthening their immune systems. For this, we need to adopt yoga in our lifestyle, and yoga improves your immune system and keeps you healthy.
Many people who had mild symptoms of covid have seen a lot of improvement by following various yogic and breathing exercises. The virus directly affects your lungs; therefore, there is a need to improve your respiratory system. We recommend yoga to those who have recovered from the virus to reduce post covid symptoms. Yoga also gives mental peace to survive this traumatic situation. Yoga helps covid patients to reduce fatigue and maintains energy levels.
Our way of living has changed because of the pandemic, and yoga has become an effective tool to improve your lifestyle.
Multiple studies have shown that yoga has many benefits on both your physical and mental body. Yoga also promotes a healthy diet and healthy lifestyle, which will keep you away from many diseases. We have kept ourselves so busy with our work that we forget to give time to ourselves. Our body and mind need time, and it is vital to take care of your mind and body.
Want to join a Yoga School to keep yourself healthy? Join Maa Yoga Ashram in Rishikesh. It is known to be the best yoga school in Rishikesh as it has the best yoga teachers in India, and it provides a perfect atmosphere for meditation ( Sadhana) and other yoga practices. At our school, we teach various kinds of yoga, meditation, exercises, etc. We also have Yoga Retreats in Rishikesh. We also offer various courses for yoga teacher training and Ayurveda in Rishikesh. You can contact us through
Our email id firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you expecting a baby? Well, congratulations! You might be going through a mix of emotions. You might be overwhelmed and scared at the same time, isn’t it? Nothing can be compared with the feeling that you are having while growing a life inside you. You will always...
If you are a big yoga fan or someone conscious about it, then this yoga blog is for you. As a profound practitioner of yoga, you know all the benefits that come with it.Daily yoga practice changes life, creates balance and makes your life less troublesome. However, if...
Not a single person, but everyone wants to look good and be fit too. Carrying too much fat, especially on the belly, can make your personality out of shape. It is not about seeing yourself out of shape only but be an individual with too much weight is a clear sign of...